Welcome to MUSICAL NOTES 2016-2017
Pick up your Musical Notes Information Packet at the WYSO main office in November!
What is Musical Notes?
- WYSO’s annual family fundraising campaign. All WYSO members are expected to participate in at least one of the fundraising activities.
- Campaign runs October 2016 – March, 2017.
- The purpose of the campaign is to have WYSO members share their WYSO experience with friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, etc and request monetary donations to help keep costs affordable.
- Each member is expected to raise at least $150
- Members also have the option to meet the fundraising goal through volunteering at Madison Marathon, Brat Fest, Wisconsin Farm Tech Days, and Taste of Madison. These events will contribute $8-9 per hour for each volunteer who works on behalf of WYSO, and these funds will be applied to the member’s Musical Notes goal.
You’ll be Surprised!
- Musical Notes is easy.
- All you have to do is write a letter to tell your WYSO story and ask for support.
- Your results will be phenomenal!
Donation Form, Sample Letters and Brochures
Musical Notes Campaign Goal: $65,000
Participation Goal: 100% of all WYSO members
Individual Goal: Raise a minimum of $150/member
We ask that every family play a part in the campaign, and together we will be successful. These goals are ambitious but realistic and achievable if all members do their part. Remember, our goal is 100% member participation!
You can also raise money for your musical notes account by selling raffle tickets. This year we are raffling off a trip to Paris. Anyone can sell raffle tickets. If you’d like to start selling, swing by the main office and pick yours up.
- WYSO’s Legend of Fundraising prize will be awarded to the student who raises the highest dollar amount, across all four orchestras. This will include 4 tickets to the Madison Symphony Orchestra, limo ride from Overture Hall to Bluephies Restaurant and dinner for 4 at Bluephies.
- WYSO’s Phenomenon of Fundraising prize will be awarded to the student who raises the second highest dollar amount, across all four orchestras. The prize is a $250 Amazon Gift Card
- The Virtuosi of Fundraising prizes (4 total, one in each orchestra) will be awarded to one student in each orchestra who raises the most money in the orchestra. The Virtuosi are each awarded a $100 Amazon gift card. (The Legend of Fundraising and the Phenomenon of Fundraising winner are not eligible for this prize.)
- WYSO’s Rising Stars of Fundraising prizes (4 total, one in each orchestra) will be awarded to one student in each orchestra who raises the second-highest amount in the orchestra. The Rising Star prize is a $50 gift certificate to Ward Brodt Music Mall.